Do you want to have multiple accounts on Instagram? Did you know that since February 2016, Instagram has started allowing users to switch easily between multiple accounts? Yes, it is true. You can now add at most five different Instagram accounts and switch between them without the need to log out of one account and log in to a different account. This feature is available on versions 7.15 and higher for Android and iOS.
Steps to add an existing Instagram account
If you already have an Instagram account and want to add it to the list of logged-in accounts in your Instagram app so that you can switch between them without the need to log out of your current account and then log in with the new account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to your profile from your smartphone app.
- Tap on the hamburger icon (the one with three horizontal lines).
- Tap on Settings.
- Then tap on "Add or switch accounts"
- Tap Add account
- Choose "Log into existing account'.
- Tap Log in and enter the account's login details to be added.
- You can easily switch between different accounts from your profile page by swiping down from the top portion of the app screen.
- Remember that you can only add at most five accounts to the Instagram app.
Steps to add a new Instagram account
If you want to create a new account for Instagram and add it to the list of logged-in accounts in your Instagram app, here are the steps to do so:
- From your smartphone's Instagram app profile page, tap the hamburger icon.
- Then, go to Settings.
- Now, you need to look for the "Add or switch accounts" option and tap on it.
- Tap "Add account"
- Choose "create a new account."
- Then choose a valid username and tap next.
- Choose to create new login details.
- You must choose between adding a phone number or email address as your login details and then clicking next.
- You will then be asked to verify your phone number or email address.
- After completing the verification process, you will have to choose a password.
- Then follow the signup process by choosing to follow your friends with this new account, etc. Once you complete this, it will create a new account and you can log in with your new login details.
- If you want to switch between different accounts, go to your profile page and swipe down from the top portion of the app screen. You will now see a list of your added accounts. Just choose one of them to switch to that account.
- You should know that only five accounts at most can be added to the Instagram app.
Using a single login for multiple accounts
The option of using a single login for multiple accounts is no longer possible. In other words, you can't add several accounts to a single login.
However, if you used this feature before Instagram canceled it, and you did set up a single login for multiple accounts, you can continue using it the usual way for those accounts.