Facebook is one of the world’s most powerful and widely used social media platforms to connect people with friends, relatives, and other loved ones. But this widely used tool also comes with some toxicity in which some people want to harass, tease and trouble you.
Sometimes an argument between you and someone can take a wrong turn, and you do not want to communicate with them again. To avoid such people, you can block their accounts so that you may have a stress-free experience on Facebook. If you’re asking yourself how to block and unblock people on Facebook, there are many different ways.
Uses of blocking
- One cannot find your profile.
- One cannot see your posts.
- One cannot message you on Messenger.
- People you blocked may not even know that you have blocked them until they search for your profile and can’t find it.
Block people from Facebook using a PC
- Login to your Facebook account, and navigate to the user’s profile you want to block by just searching their names.
- You can find three dots on their profile page on the bottom right of their cover picture. Click on it.
- A small menu pops up, there is a block option in that menu; click on it. Another menu opens up, asking for your confirmation. Just confirm it, and you’ll end up blocking that person.
Block people from Facebook using Smartphones (Android/iOS)
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Search for the user’s profile you want to block and navigate to that.
- Click on the similar three dots icon below the user’s name, click on it, and you will see the block option.
- Click on the Block option, and you will be taken to the confirmation page. Just hit confirm, and you are good to go.
Note: There is also another way to block a person on Facebook. This method can be used on any device. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open your Facebook account on any of your devices.
- On your PC, click on the arrow in the top right corner and select the Settings option. In the case of mobile devices, click on the three-row line button in the top right corner and select the Settings & Privacy option.
- The blocking option is available in that menu; click on it.
- Type the person’s name in the search bar, find the user’s profile you want to block, and then hit the block option. Then that user is blocked.
Unblock people from Facebook
After blocking a person, you may also want to unblock the same person for several reasons. You may have resolved the issue. In that case, if you want to unblock that person. Yes, there is an option for that too. Let’s see how to do it.
Unblock people from Facebook using a PC
- Open your Facebook account on your PC.
- Click on the arrow in the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the Blocking option in that menu, and you will see the username of the people you have already blocked.
- Click the unblock option next to the name of the person you want to unblock, and it will unblock that person.
Unblock people from Facebook using a Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Open your Facebook account on your mobile device.
- Click on the three-row line button in the top right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy option.
- Select the Blocking option on that menu.
- You can see the user’s name you already blocked in the Blocked user’s section.
- Click the unblock option next to their name, and that’s it; you have unblocked that user successfully.