If you are using WhatsApp daily, it may be a bit boring in terms of its look, and you want to spice things up a bit. You can change the theme and choose dark, but you can also change the chat wallpaper. Once you do this, the selected chat background will be displayed in every chatbox you open. In other words, it will be the same for all the contacts. Keep reading if you are wondering how to change the chat wallpaper on WhatsApp. The steps are listed below.
You can change the wallpaper from WhatsApp Settings using the app or WhatsApp web and from the chatbox with a specific contact. We will share all of the methods here.
How to change chat wallpaper on WhatsApp from a chatbox
Here are the steps:
- Open the conversation with one of your contacts
- Next, tap on the three dots located in the top-right corner
- Tap Wallpaper
- You can now choose a wallpaper from the Gallery, select a solid color, or choose one from the WhatsApp wallpaper library.
- Once you select the wallpaper, you will get a preview
- If you like it, tap Set.
You can set the wallpaper from WhatsApp settings, using the app, or on WhatsApp web.
First, let’s see how to do it using the app:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots in the top-right corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Chats
- Next, tap Wallpaper
- Choose a wallpaper from Gallery, choose a solid color, or go for the option to select a wallpaper from the WhatsApp wallpaper library.
- When you choose a wallpaper, you will see a preview
- If you like the wallpaper, tap Set.
Here is how to change the wallpaper using WhatsApp web:
- Open WhatsApp web
- Click on the three dots
- Tap Chat wallpaper.
- Choose one of the available colors.
If you change your mind later and want to remove the wallpaper, go back to Settings > Wallpaper and choose “No wallpaper” or “Default.”