You might want to change your username on TikTok for various reasons. Maybe you don’t feel good about how your username is shown on every video of yours, and you would like to change it to something more relevant, or you just began to dislike your username. Or maybe your username does not reflect the nature of your personality in your TikTok videos; your username is offensive to some people, etc.
You must know that usernames are unique on TikTok, i.e., a username on TikTok can only be associated with one account. So, you need to choose a username different from any other username on TikTok. Also, as far as changing the username on TikTok is concerned, you can do it pretty easily, but you must also know that you can only change your username once within 30 days.
- First of all, what you need to do is open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- If you have recently installed the TikTok app, you will also need to log into your TikTok user account.
- Now, you need to go to your TikTok profile page. You can tap on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app screen.
- Once you are on the profile page of your TikTok user account, you need to tap on the ‘edit profile’ option.
- A pop-up might open now saying that your username is unique and can only be changed again after 30 days if you choose to change it now. On this pop-up, you need to tap on the ‘got it’ option.
- You need to delete the username displayed in the edit box on the app screen.
- In the edit box, write the new username to which you want to change your old TikTok username. If this username is available, a tick might appear next to the username, indicating that the username is available. However, a cross might appear if another user has already taken the username. If a cross appears, you will need to choose another username and write it in the edit box to see if it is available.
- Once you are done writing the new username and verifying its availability, tap on the ‘save’ option in the top-right corner of the app screen.
You must note that a smartphone is required to change the username on TikTok. The smartphone can be Android or iOS based. Please note that the smartphone you will use to change your username on TikTok needs to have an operating system of a specific version or higher than that version. The Android operating system must have a version of 4.1 or higher for Android-based smartphones. In contrast, smartphones that have an iOS operating system must have an iOS version of 9.3 or higher.
You need to have the TikTok app downloaded and installed on your smartphone if you want to change your username on TikTok. You must keep in mind that changing your username on TikTok from the webpage of the TikTok platform is impossible. You must download and install the app from the Android Play Store if the smartphone is Android-based. However, if the smartphone has an iOS operating system, go to the Apple App Store and download and install it.