TikTok is an app that is basically run by generation Z. It’s a place where you can share your videos and funny content. It’s an app with which you can sit, relax, and have a good laugh.
If you are new to the app, you may need help setting up your account. You are in the right place! We will be showing you ways you can change and set up your new profile picture on this great app. If you may be here because you want to remove your profile picture, you are also in the right place! We will be showing that too!
Keep reading this guide to find out how to change or remove the picture in the shortest amount of time!
Change your profile picture in the app.
Changing the picture won’t take up much time, and it isn’t complicated at all.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open your TikTok app on your Android, tablet, or iPhone.
- Go to the “Me” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Once you’ve opened the “Me” icon, you will see your current profile picture and text that says “Edit profile” in the middle of the screen; click on that.
- So now you are in the “Edit profile” tab; there are two circles at the top of the page; one says “Change photo,” and the other one says “Change video.” If you are maybe considering putting a video as your profile’s header, go ahead and click on that option! You’d have to trim it after that to the preferred length. If you still want a photo, click on the left icon.
- You will get a pop-up window asking whether you want to choose a photo from the gallery or take one immediately. Choose the one that you want.
- You’ll next see your picture, and you need to tick the circle in the top right corner to confirm it’s the right photo. Then click “Confirm” in the bottom right corner.
- Now in the next window, you’d need to crop your photo the way you want it to look. After placing the image right in the circle and making sure it looks good after you made sure that you are satisfied with the looks of it, click “Save.”
And that’s it! The whole science of changing the picture! Not so hard.
There’s an even easier way that’s less complicated for lazy people. You can click on your photo place in your “Me” card and change it right from there. That’s it!
We’ve promised we’ll also show you how to remove the photo. So keep reading if you want to find that out.
Removing your profile picture or a video
This is just a reverse process from uploading and changing the picture. Once again, nothing hard to do.
If you have a video as your header:
- Go to the “Me” card again.
- Click on the “Edit profile” option in the middle of the screen.
- Those two circles will show up again. Tap on the “Video” and hold it.
- A new pop-up should appear.
- Click on “Remove video.”
- Click on “Confirm,” and you’re all done!
To remove the profile photo, you’d have to click on the photo icon, select the “Take a picture” option and put your finger over the camera, so it takes a black picture. You’d have to do it this way, as there is no other way to remove the photo; this is the only option.
If you want to be a successful TikToker, you have to have a cool profile picture! Who would want to visit some boring accounts with a default photo?
If someone notices your video and likes it, they will visit and look at your profile for more content and maybe even follow you!