Whatever the reason, changing your phone number on TikTok is pretty simple. Just follow all the steps in this article, and you will be done in no time. It's that simple. Please note that you will need access to the messages sent on both your old and new phone numbers.
This is because, during this process of changing the phone number on TikTok, you will be asked to verify that both phone numbers are yours. Please keep this in mind before following the steps mentioned here.
- First, the TikTok app needs to be opened on your smartphone.
- Now, go to the profile section of the app. To do that, tap on the profile icon that you will find in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- When you reach the profile section of the app, tap on the three-dots icon. You will find it in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to see a new page (named "Privacy and Settings") on the app screen. There will be a lot of options in the list that are sub-categorized under different categories. From these categories, under the category named "account," tap on the "Manage My Account" option.
- Next, tap the 'phone number' option on the app screen.
- You should now see a dialog box titled "verify phone number" on the app screen. You should also see the old phone number whose last few digits are displayed there.
- What you need to do now is tap on the 'send code' option. This will send a one-time password (OTP) to the phone number displayed earlier in the dialog box.
- You need access to the messages from the old phone number to proceed further.
- So, get the OTP sent to the old phone number and type it in the provided space for OTP on the app screen. In case you did not receive the OTP, try resending the OTP.
- Tap the button to verify the OTP. This verification is important to prove that this is your account only.
- If the verification is successful, then only you will be able to proceed further.
- After successful verification, you will be asked to mention your new phone number. Type it in the appropriate edit box and tap the 'verify' button.
- An OTP will be sent to the new phone number.
- Enter the OTP and tap the button to verify.
- If this verification is successful, your TikTok phone number will be changed.
App and smartphone required.
You need to have the TikTok app installed on your smartphone to be able to change your phone number on TikTok. If you do not have the TikTok app, you need to download and install it before following the steps mentioned in this article. If you use an Android smartphone, you will have to download and install the TikTok app from the Google Play Store, while if you use an iOS smartphone, you will have to go to the Apple App Store to download and install the TikTok app. Also, you need to have a smartphone that has any one of the following operating systems:
- Android 4.1 or higher
- iOS 9.3 or higher
Points to note:
- You can unlink your phone number from TikTok if you want to.
- If you are creating a new account on TikTok, you can create it using your email address. There is no need to link your phone number either.
- If you have not added your phone number yet to TikTok, there is no need to do so if you do not want to.