TikTok is a famous app that allows users to share videos 15 seconds to 1 minute long. This platform blew up in early 2020; they have gotten millions of new users, which is probably the consequence of the COVID-19 virus and the fact that the whole world was in quarantine. Everyone is at home trying to pass their time doing different activities, from working out to cooking, reading, etc.
However, if you are on your phone and looking for an interesting application to entertain you, then TikTok is the right app for you. People share videos on different subjects, such as cooking, dancing, singing, drawing, showing their cute pets, sharing their thoughtful stories, etc. You can also post or delete your videos from TikTok.
Why you might want to delete your TikTok video
If you have been using TikTok for a while now, you will get influenced into becoming a TikToker like your fellow friends. You will start posting and sharing many videos hoping you will get noticed and maybe become famous. Here are some of the reasons why you would want to delete your TikTok video.
- Your post is offensive to a particular race (the black community or the Asian) or a particular religion (Muslim religion, the Jews, or the Christians). If the comments you start getting under that post start referring to it, it would be better if you would delete the video or videos related to this subject.
- You posted a video about false advisement, which might mislead your followers into believing in what is not true. If you found out that the advertisement that you posted was fake, it would be better and smarter to delete that video.
- You may have been a TikToker for a while now and would like to get a fresh new start. So, the only way to do that is to delete all your videos and start posting again.
- You get criticized about the content because people might be too judgmental sometimes.
- After posting your video, look at your caption and find out if you have a spelling mistake or if you do not like the caption you wrote. The only way to change the caption is to delete the video and re-post it.
- Your posts are just not good enough for you, or you think the videos did not get the recognition they deserve.
Steps to deleting a TikTok video from your account
First, go to your phone, click on the TikTok app, and log in to your account. Click on the “me” icon that you can find in the right corner of your screen. Keep scrolling until you see the video you want to delete, and click on the preview. You will be taken to another screen where the video that you have chosen will be played on a loop. To access the menu, click on the three dots that you can find in the right part of the screen, right below the comment icon. When the menu pops up, keep scrolling until you find the delete button, and tap on it. A pop-up message will come up where you must confirm that you want to delete your TikTok video. Click on the Confirm button, and you are done.
Don’t forget to save the video to your phone before deleting it, just in case you want to post it again or for whatever reason.