Instagram allows you to share your photos and videos in a fun and easy way. You can store all your favorite photos and memories in a single place. However, you may want to delete some old posts that you no longer want on your feed. And, of course, you can do that.
Just keep in mind that once you delete the post, you won’t be able to retrieve it. However, if you don't want to delete it, you can choose the option to archive the post instead. If you do that, the post will be removed from your profile, but you can unarchive it anytime. Here, we are going to show you how to delete an Instagram post, and we are also going to show you how to archive it.
How to delete an Instagram post
Deleting a post on Instagram requires just a few taps. Here is what you need to do:
- Open Instagram on your mobile device
- Go to your profile page and find the post you want to delete
- Tap on the post
- Next, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner
- From the menu, tap on Delete
- In the pop-up window that will show up, tap Delete.
That’s it. The post has now been deleted.
How to archive an Instagram post
As mentioned, once you delete a post, that’s it. You won’t be able to retrieve it. You can archive it instead and unarchive it anytime you want. Here's how to do that:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page
- Find the post you want to archive, tap on it
- Next, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner and tap Archive
If you change your mind at some point and want the post to be visible on your profile, go to the “Archive” page, find the post, tap on it, tap on three dots and then tap “Show on profile”.