These days, data plans are pretty popular simply because you can’t use some apps on your smartphone without an internet connection. But, if you don’t have an unlimited data plan, you should be careful how you use the apps, especially the ones for music or video streaming because these consume a lot more data, and you may have additional costs.
The same goes for YouTube Kids. So, let’s say you are about to travel someplace with your kids, and they will be using your phone or tablet to watch cartoons or shows on the YouTube Kids app. You can limit mobile data usage, stream HD videos on Wi-Fi, and avoid additional costs. This article will show you the steps for that. Let’s see how to limit mobile data usage on the YouTube Kids app.
How to limit mobile data usage on the YouTube Kids app
Limiting mobile data usage means that you can stream HD videos on YouTube Kids only when you are on a Wi-Fi network. Here is how to make changes:
- Open the YouTube Kids app
- Tap on the Lock icon in the bottom-right corner of the app
- Enter your passcode or provide the correct answer
- Next, tap the Settings icon
- Scroll down and find the Limit mobile data usage option. You will see that it is disabled by default – the switch is in gray.
- Click on the Switch right next to that option.
You're done! You have successfully enabled the option to stream HD videos only when you are on a Wi-Fi network.