Whatsapp doesn’t allow users to use the same account verified with the same phone number on multiple devices. If, for some reason, you want to use an existing account on the new phone, you have to delete the one on the old device.
Let’s say you have just bought a new iPhone and want to use the Whatsapp account that you keep on your Android phone. Then, you have to delete that account from your Android device. How do I switch accounts between devices without losing their data? You can use some methods to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. You can choose one that suits you.
How To Transfer Whatsapp From Android To iPhone
Method 1: Back Up and Restore
Whatsapp provides tools to transfer chats between devices. So, you don’t need to download a third-party app to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Launch the Whatsapp app on your Android phone and open Settings
- Find and tap the “Chats” option from the list, then tap “Chat Backup.”
- You will see the “Back up” button in the next window. Tap on it and wait until the backup process is done.
- Uninstall Whatsapp on your Android device.
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone and log in using the desired account.
- Tap “Restore” and wait until it is completed.
Method 2: Using dr fone
Your Whatsapp may contain meaningful conversations and files. That’s why transferring data is something to worry about for some people, even though they have done the backup before. Foremost, when you switch data between devices that have different Operating Systems. If you aren’t comfortable with the first method, this one is worth trying. Using third-party software like Dr. fone can help you transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone.
- Download and install the Whatsapp transfer toolkit from Dr. Fone on your PC. It’s available for Mac and Windows PCs. Once the app is installed on your PC, you can transfer to Whatsapp in no time.
- Once the app is successfully installed on your PC, launch it and click the Restore Social App option.
- You will see the social media list on the left sidebar, such as Whatsapp, Line, Viber, etc. Choose Whatsapp.
- Select the “Transfer Whatsapp messages” option. This feature allows you to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone or vice versa.
- Now, connect both phones to the PC using USB cables. You may need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone before moving to the next step. If you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry. You can follow the guide on the pop-up window once you connect the phone to the PC.
- Make sure the Android phone shows up on the left and the iPhone on the right as you want to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. Otherwise, click the “flip” button to rearrange its position.
- When everything is set, click “Transfer” and select “Yes” to confirm, and the transfer process will start. Let it work until it is completed.
- You can log in to your Whatsapp on your iPhone using the same phone number. Then, uninstall the one you have on your old device.