Honor 8X falls into the affordable phone category, but it is still a great device packed with some pretty excellent features. If you want to have all the new things Android 10 brought along, you can update the software on your device and once you do, you'll get to enjoy these new features.
If you are not sure how to update the software on Honor 8x, continue reading. We'll show you the steps, and you'll be done in no time.
Regarding software updates, we always mention why these are considered essential. First, you'll get security patches, which is an excellent reason to install the update. In addition, you'll get some fresh features and perhaps changes in design (depending on the version). Software updates also bring bug fixes for known issues. If you have problems with your phone, then chances are they will be gone once you install the update.
Prepare for the update.
There are several things to remember before installing the software update:
- First, make sure you have enough free space on your device
- Second, constantly update the software over Wi-Fi and not mobile data to avoid costs (if you don't have the unlimited data plan)
- Also, make sure that your phone has at least 50 % of battery life. If not, charge your phone first.
How to update the software on Honor 8X
To update the software on your phone, the steps are as follows:
- Open the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Scroll down until you reach System & updates.
- Tap on that option.
- Now tap on Software update at the top of the page.
- Tap Check for Updates.
If you have the latest version already, you'll see a message saying, "Your software is up to date."
If there is a new version, tap Download and Install.
Your device will download the update and reboot.