One of the things every smartphone owner should keep in mind is the importance of software updates. If you want your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro to perform at its best, you must ensure that you have downloaded and installed the latest software version. Here, we will share a quick guide with all the steps you need to take. Let’s see how to update the software on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Reasons to update:
If you aren’t sure why you should update the software, here is a brief explanation.
- Software updates come with security improvements.
- Updates also bring new features, and they often include design changes.
- If you are experiencing issues when using your device, a software update may bring a fix for the problem. Software updates often come along with bug fixes.
Before the update:
Before downloading and installing the software update, ensure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network instead of a mobile network. If you are using mobile data, you may experience some extra charges (unless you have an unlimited plan). Also, ensure that your phone has enough free space and enough battery life (at least 50 %).
How to update the software
We explained why updates are considered to be so important; here is how to update the software:
- Open Settings on your smartphone
- Tap System
- Next, tap System updates
- Tap Click for updates
- If there is an update available, click Download & Install Now.
Your device will first download the updates. It will reboot and install the software update. Once it is all done, you can start using your phone to explore all the refreshments the update brought along.